Monday, January 19, 2015

Shadow Boxing...

Good morning sweet ones!  Hope you had a wonderful crafty weekend as I did.

I have a really fun card to share with you today.  I got the instructions for this card from my friend and I though it was so cute I just had to give it a try. 

It's called a Shadow Box card and I liked that the shadow box was just the right size to fit on an A2 card and display a Mini Maggie as well.  The paper is new from SU.


I've used an embossing folder for the front of the card, used a Dookickey Oh La La Die Club die for the sentiment and just some ribbon from my stash.

Here is a close up of #3021  "Love, Love, Love Tilda" from the Special Moments Collection.

This part turned out really cool.  I cut 4 X 1 1/2 pieces of the same design paper (SU) and cut them in half diagonally.  They I laid them out on the top of this inside portion of the card and flipped every other one to get a pattern.  Ya fiddle with this part a little so that they fit perfectly together and then trim off the unnecessary parts.  I then punched out a pocket with the pocket die from Dookickey Club Collection #1 and glued it below the edges of the rainbow shape.  I've had the little Coupon Tag for years and this is the first time I've used it.  The sentiment on the bottom was part of the Coupon Set.  All buttons, pearls, ribbon etc are from my stash.

This is my salutation page of the card.  I stamped the same little tilda  Memento London Fog ink and added the sentiment from at SU set of sentiments.

Here's a look with the coupon removed

How the coupon fits into the pocket.


Thank you all for stopping by my blog today, your visits make such a difference to me.

 Blessisngs and hugs, Ciao Barb

2 comments:

  1. Wat a lovely design, gorgeous paper too, very sweet
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is just darling. Love the "inside" pattern, and how cute the little pocket and tag came out! TYFS such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb